What is the Recovery Hub?
The Recovery Support Service Hub will be open everyday Monday to Friday from 9am – 4pm. It is located in the courtyard between the Neighbourhood Centre and the Civic Hall behind the stage. Refer to MDNC Reception if you need further information.
Every Wednesday 9am-4pm
The Northern Rivers Reconstruction Corporation
Will be available for community consultation at the Recovery Hub the following dates:
Tuesday 20 December 1-4pm and Monday 23 January 9am-12pm
What is the Recovery Support Service and what do we do?
If you have been affected by floods, Recovery Support Service will help you in your recovery journey by providing personalised, long-term support.
Recovery Support Service will link you to your own personalised recovery support worker, who can help you navigate and access services and disaster assistance packages.
Recovery support workers will walk alongside you, providing you with help to address the complex challenges and issues that emerge throughout your recovery journey.
Recovery Support Service will also build your connections with local community resources and can link you to programs and services.
Who can use this service?
Anyone directly impacted by the floods
- Residents with damaged or destroyed homes
- Residents experiencing additional impacts from the floods (i.e. social, emotional and financial)
- Business owners
- Primary producers and rural landholders
How can I access these services?
- You can phone or email your local Recovery Support Service directly. Details on how to connect with Recovery Support Service are provided below.
- Other services and agencies can help to link you to the Recovery Support Service in your area
- No formal referral is required
Contact the Mullumbimby and District Neighbourhood Centre or Recovery Support Service directly by calling, emailing or dropping by to 55 Dalley St Mullumbimby NSW
Phone: MDNC Reception: 02 6684 1286
Mobile: MDNC Reception: 0499 864 218