F.R.E.E. – Food Recovery Education and Engagement Program 2021
The purpose of this program is to engage with community within TEI guidelines.
- Educate community about food waste, and over purchasing
- Community, particularly children, are given the opportunity to gain knowledge around food not going to landfill
- Create community awareness on the advantages of recovered food helping to alleviate food insecurity.
- Accessing of recovered food is de-stigmatised, and reframed as helping the environment.
- More people accessing Food Recovery Food
- Community are made aware of the CONC (Consortium of Neighbourhood Centres) Food Recovery Program
- Make contact with local Primary and Pre Schools within the Byron Shire
- Explain the Food Recovery model
- Keep outings manageable. (once a month, forty-five minutes max)
- Meet at an agreed time and venue
- Take Food recovery Van, one volunteer driver, and one worker, with the food recovered on that day for community to see. (Discussion Point)
- Offer information on how/where to access food.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!